Find your happy places.
Make travel more joyful with accelerated earn rates to help you reach your next reward even sooner.
Enjoy an incredible welcome bonus:
Earn up to 15,000 Aeroplan points1 and a bonus Buddy Pass2
|Card Type:||Charge Card*. No preset spending limit|
$50 for each Additional Aeroplan®* Card to share some of your benefits and earn Aeroplan points faster3
|$0 for each Additional Aeroplan®* No Fee Card to earn points faster3|
Experience the joy of twice the points: present your Aeroplan number at over 150 participating Aeroplan partner brands and at 170 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore and pay with your American Express® Aeroplan®* Card to earn points twice!9
Make every travel experience one to remember with Air Canada benefits.
Aeroplan flight rewards are just the beginning. Aeroplan points can be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards and much more.
Say hello to American Express Invites®. It opens the door to memorable experiences we think you’ll love!
* As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully. If you are a Quebec resident, please read your Insurance Summary and Fact Sheet.
1. These offers are only available to new American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers. For current or former American Express Aeroplan Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Offers. Offers subject to change. Account must be in good standing.
To qualify for the welcome bonus of 9,000 Aeroplan points, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three (3) month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus points were earned for the bonus to be awarded. Offer subject to change without notice.
To qualify for the monthly bonus of 1,000 Aeroplan points in the first 6 months of Cardmembership, eligible American Express® Aeroplan Cardmembers must have at least $500 in net purchases posted to their account each month by the last day of each billing period. Purchases made during a billing period but posted after the end of that billing period will not count towards eligible spend for that month and count towards eligible spend for the next billing period. For example, if your monthly billing period is from Aug 15 to Sept 14, a purchase made on Sept 14th (transaction date) and posts on Sept 15th (posting date) will not count for eligible spend for that month and will count towards spend in the next month's billing period. If the Aug 15 to Sept 14 period was your 6th monthly billing period, then the purchase that was made on Sept 14 and posted on Sept 15 would not count toward this offer. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.
2. The one-time bonus Buddy Pass entitles a companion to accompany the Basic Cardmember, when the Basic Cardmember books and pays for a published economy fare (plus taxes and third-party charges) on a flight marketed and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand and is booked for travel within North America.
Basic Cardmembers can earn one (1) bonus Buddy Pass after spending $1,500 in net purchases (less any returns, credits and adjustments) posted to the Basic Cardmember’s card account in the first three (3) months of Cardmembership.
The pass will be deposited into the Basic Cardmember’s Aeroplan account 8-10 weeks after the pass is earned.
This one-time bonus Buddy Pass offer is only available to eligible Aeroplan Cardmembers. You will not be eligible for the Buddy Pass if you have previously opened an Aeroplan credit or charge card of the same type, regardless of the credit or charge card issuer and have received the Welcome Bonus offer of a bonus Buddy Pass in the last 12 months. This offer is subject to change and cannot be combined with any other offers. The Basic Cardmember’s account must be and remain active (not cancelled) and in good standing in order to receive and retain the pass.
Total pricing of fees and charges (referred to as third-party charges) and taxes on the Buddy Pass ticket varies based on itinerary booked. Basic Cardmember may use the pass only once for travel wholly within North America, which is defined as Canada and United States (including Hawaii and Mexico).
The pass is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. The pass is valid towards a new booking only, and not valid on existing reservations. Bookings must be made directly with Air Canada, via aircanada.com, the Air Canada Mobile App, or through the Air Canada call center (“Air Canada Reservations”).
Maximum of one pass may be used per booking. If one-way travel is booked, the pass will be deemed fully used and the return portion of travel is forfeited.
The companion will be responsible to pay all applicable taxes and third-party charges that apply. Valid for travel at any time with no blackout periods. Also valid against the purchase of economy fares on sale.
The companion will be booked into same fare brand as Basic Cardmember and will receive all applicable benefits and services associated with that fare brand. The pass may not be used against the purchase of premium cabin fares, or in conjunction with Aeroplan flight rewards, Flight Pass, group travel bookings, Air Canada Vacations bookings, or any other discounts or promotion codes.
The pass must be redeemed at time of purchase of the Basic Cardmember’s ticket, and if multiple Buddy Passes are available in association with the same Aeroplan number, the pass that would expire first will be used. Booking must be made before the pass expiry date; travel may occur after the pass expiry date subject to flight schedule availability at the time of booking.
The pass may only be used as described, cannot be transferred and has no monetary or exchange value. Changes or cancellations are allowed according to the fare rules of the fare purchased.
Changes and cancellations must be made at the same time for both the Basic Cardmember and the companion, and failure to do so may result in the Buddy Pass being forfeited. If during a change or cancellation the ticket is reinstated in the Basic Cardmember’s Aeroplan account, the original expiry date will take effect and the pass may then be considered expired. In the event of a change or cancellation, travelers are required to pay all applicable fees based on the fare type purchased for each ticket, plus the difference in fare, if applicable, and all taxes and third-party charges that apply above the base fare.
Companions who are members of the Aeroplan program or other partner frequent flyer programs will not be eligible to accumulate points and/or miles for the ticket issued in exchange for the pass. Aeroplan Elite Status benefits and upgrades are applicable if the traveler holds appropriate status and the fare purchased allows for such benefits and upgrades.
Air Canada reserves the right to apply additional fees for bookings made via Air Canada Reservations. Unused passes will automatically be cancelled on the date the credit or charge card is closed, regardless of reason for closure, or if the card account is changed to a different product.
Terms and conditions of the air transportation services are subject to the General Conditions of Carriage & Tariffs (www.aircanada.com/conditionsofcarriage) and any other terms and conditions relating to air transportation services in effect at the time of booking, as determined by Air Canada in its sole discretion and as may be changed from time to time.
3. Account must be in good standing. An Additional card is a Supplementary Card. Each Supplementary American Express Aeroplan Card: $50 each annually; Supplementary American Express Aeroplan No Fee Card: $0 each annually. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old.
4. A Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lbs. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
5. For every $10,000 in eligible purchases (less any returns, credits and adjustments) charged to the card and posted to the card account, Basic Cardmembers will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) which will be deposited in their Aeroplan member account and appear on the next card account billing statement. Please allow at least three (3) days after being earned for the SQM and SQS to be added to your Aeroplan account.SQM and SQS are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards and only count toward Aeroplan Elite Status qualification. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status. Supplementary Cardmember(s) are not eligible to receive SQM or SQS through this benefit; however, all eligible spend by Supplementary Cardmembers will count towards the Basic Cardmember’s spend. Basic Cardmembers may earn unlimited bonus SQM and SQS during an Aeroplan Elite Status qualification period. In the case of returns, credits or adjustments that reduce the amount of net purchases below a previously achieved threshold for which SQM and SQS was not previously awarded, you may not earn the SQM and SQS, but if you were awarded SQM and SQS, the amount deducted could result in you having negative net purchases and you will have to make purchases if you wanted to bring your net purchases to zero before earning towards your next SQM and SQS.All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
6. Front Of The Line® - Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
7. Having No Pre-Set Spending Limit on purchases does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit history, account history, and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
8. You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 2 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 of eligible purchases at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points.
10. Destinations: Number of destinations based on the published 2019 route network of Air Canada and its airline partners. Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID-19, available destinations may vary.
11. From time to time, eligible Basic Aeroplan Cardmembers can get access to preferred pricing, which means they can book flight rewards for even fewer points. The number of points required to book a flight reward is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding an eligible Aeroplan credit card and a member logging into their Aeroplan account, along with other rules as determined by Aeroplan in its sole discretion.
13. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
14. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
15. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered. You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
16. This is not an insurance. Costs associated with any out-of-pocket expenses related to your Travel Emergency Assistance inquiry are your responsibility. Services will be provided as permitted under applicable law and must be authorized and arranged by AXA Assistance.
17. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM*: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks