You already know how rewarding it is to use your American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card for all of your purchases. But did you realize how much more you could be getting out of your Card simply by adding a Supplementary Card to your account?
Whether it be your family members, or anyone else you choose*, you can have up to 9 Supplementary Cards on your account.2 Plus you have the choice between Supplementary American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Cards for $199 each*, annually, or Supplementary American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Gold Cards for $50 each*, annually.
In addition to the Aeroplan Miles you earn on purchases you charge to your Card, the Aeroplan Miles earned through purchases charged to Supplementary Cards accumulate in your Aeroplan account, at the same earn rate.3 Plus, apply today and you can receive 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for each approved Supplementary AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and 2,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for each approved Supplementary AeroplanPlus Gold Card.1
When you add Supplementary Cards you’ll get the simplicity of one account, and one convenient monthly statement. And because the monthly statement splits purchases by Cardmember, it’s simple to keep track of your monthly spending.
Supplementary AeroplanPlus Gold and Platinum Cardmembers get to share many of the benefits of your American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Like you, they will be covered by many of the travel and shopping insurances you currently receive, and can enjoy the superior service of the Card.
Supplementary AeroplanPlus Gold Card
Supplementary AeroplanPlus Platinum Card
|$500,000 Travel Accident Insurance4†|
|Baggage Delay Insurance5†|
|Flight Delay Insurance6†|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance5†|
|Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance5†|
|Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance7†|
|Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan8†|
|Purchase Protection® Plan9†|
|Front Of The Line10|
|Complimentary Hertz #1 Club Gold
|Air Canada Priority Check-in12|
|Pearson Priority Security Lane13|
|Fairmont President's Club Platinum
|Air Canada Maple Leaf LoungesTM*15|
|Emergency Medical Insurance6† (Out of
|Trip Cancellation Insurance16†|
|Trip Interruption Insurance17†|
* As a Charge Card, the balance must be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full.
1. 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded for each approved Supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and 2,500 Bonus Aeroplan miles will be awarded for each approved Supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card requested through the link on this page up to a combined maximum of 9 Supplementary Cards. Bonus miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to 90 days after the application is approved.
2. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards per account. Account must be in good standing. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority.
3. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases, less credits and returns. Interest, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles. Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.50 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero.
4. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
5. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
6. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
7. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as the Supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Gold or Platinum Cardmember has fully charged the rental to their Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
8. When the Supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Gold or Platinum Card member charges the full price on eligible purchases to their Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer's original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer's Assurance® Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
9. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
10. Purchases must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
11. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmembers who enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards can receive a one-car-class upgrade at participating locations at time of rental. The upgrade is subject to availability and change and is valid on rentals of Compact through Full Size Cars.
12. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmembers may access Priority Check-in, applicable at airports where Air Canada Priority Check-in is available, upon presentation of their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Also applicable for confirmed, same-day travel using Aeroplan Flight Rewards on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Flights operated by other airlines are not eligible for Air Canada Priority Check-in.
13. American Express Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid AeroplanPlus Platinum Card are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Lanes (“Priority Lane”) during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas at Toronto's Pearson International Airport in Terminal 1 & 3. Access to a Pearson Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
14. Basic and Supplementary Platinum Cards and other eligible American Express Cardmembers (“Cardmembers”) must enroll to qualify for the American Express “Platinum for Platinum” Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Benefit. Cardmembers must enroll for the Benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-888-320-5959 or at fairmont.com/plat5 and use the code PLAT5 if you are new to the Program, or use code AMPLAT5 if you are an existing President’s Club member to up your status. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort, paid for with an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President’s Club. The Benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont President’s Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which may change without notice. Complete terms and conditions are available by calling 1-888-320-5959 or by visiting fairmont.com/fpc. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont President’s Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember.
15. Subject to space availability. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmember may access the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, where available, upon presentation of their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or under the Air Canada Express banner. Also applicable on same-day departing Air Canada codeshare or Star Alliance flights. Cardmember is permitted paid guests in the lounge, pending space availability. Access is subject to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. Supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Cardmembers do not receive Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge access.
16. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Trips will not be covered for trip cancellation, if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
17. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Trips will not be covered for trip interruption, if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
® : Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®* : Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus, and the Aeroplan logo are registered trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.
TM* : Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is a trademark of Air Canada.