Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Credit Card – with the added bonus of accumulating hotel and retail rewards.
With an American Express Hotel and Retail Rewards Card, you enjoy the many advantages of an American Express Credit Card. But, on top of that, you also accumulate retail rewards or loyalty points, which can be redeemed at a variety of stores.
Apply for complimentary Supplementary Cards for family and loved ones, and earn even more points each time they spend.
You can redeem accumulated points for cash to spend in stores, or put them towards a voucher for a family day out, a special experience, or an overnight stay at some of the world's best hotels. These are just a few ideas – there are many more options.
What's more, every Cardmember enjoys access to American Express Invites®. The American Express Invites programme reserves tickets to some of the shows in town, exclusively for our Cardmembers. Whether your passion is music, film, or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.
American Express hotel and retail Credit Cards could offer you:
Whenever you need us, wherever you are, our Customer Care Professionals are available 24/7 by phone, text, email or mail.
Our Global Assist® team provides immediate personal advice almost anywhere in the world, anytime of the day or night.
All American Express Cards feature Chip and PIN technology and all transactions are processed through our own Secure System to minimise the risk of fraud, whether you use your Card at home or abroad.
Our early detection systems monitor potentially fraudulent activity, and our Fraud Protection Guarantee means that in the unlikely event you are a victim of Card fraud, and you have taken reasonable care with your Card, you won't be held responsible for any costs linked to the fraudulent activity.
Selected American Express hotel and retail Credit Cards offer Refund Protection and Purchase Protection on eligible items bought in the UK on your Card for up to 90 days.
Our Hotel and Retail Credit Cards are accepted worldwide. Your overseas spend is converted as soon as we process the transaction and the American Express exchange rate is set daily.
If you are paying in US dollars, the amount will be converted directly to pounds sterling. If you are paying in another currency, this will be converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling.
Your monthly bill is required to be paid in pounds sterling.
If you are paying in another currency, this will be converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling.
We put you firmly in control when it comes to managing your account. Simply register online and you can view and manage your account whenever you want, either online or on your mobile.
View your current balance, get updates on your American Express Rewards Card spending sent direct to your phone, pay your bills easily, and manage your contact preferences.
Receive a variety of premium benefits such as airport lounge access or 2-4-1 travel vouchers on top of earning points for your everyday spend.
Travel Rewards Cards
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card when travelling, with the added bonus of earning points when you make purchases at home and abroad.
Earn cashback everyday.
American Express Cashback Credit Cards give you all the benefits and convenience of an American Express Credit Card, whist earning you cashback on your purchases.
Get the most out of life.
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card – with the added bonus of accumulating Rewards points which offer you the flexibility to redeem for flights, hotels, gift cards and more.
No Annual Fee Cards
Get the most out of your Card with no annual fee.
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card - with the added bonus of accumulating rewards.
I am aged 18 or over
I have no history of bad debt
I have a permanent UK home address
I have a current UK bank or building society account
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria, and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the Card that best suits you, read the important information, then click the 'Apply now' button on the page to begin the application process. At this point, you can choose optional additional benefits and also decide how you'd like your name to appear on your Card.
Find out if you're eligible with our Eligibility Checker
Only takes a couple of minutes to complete
Will not impact your
Allows you to apply
Credit and Charge Cards Explained
Has talk of interest, annual fees, rates and percentages left you feeling confused?
Our simple Credit and Charge Card Guides are a great place to start.
Find a type of Card to suit your needs
Explore our range of Cards—you’re bound to find something that suits your needs and lifestyle.
1. Subject to enrolment, for more information click here. Terms and Conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
2. Earn Gold Elite status after making £15,000 in eligible purchase on your Card in a calendar year. This includes 25% Bonus Points on Stays, Gold Welcome Gift of Points (250/500 Points, Varies by Brand), 2p.m. Late Checkout (Based on Availability), Enhanced Room Upgrade (Based on Availability), Complimentary Enhanced In-Room Internet Access, Dedicated Elite Reservation Line.
3. Terms and Conditions apply to points redemptions and are subject to availability. Detailed information can be found here. All applicable Terms and Conditions will be provided to you as you receive your Card when approved.
4. 20,000 bonus points wil be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and a minimum of £2,000 has been spent and charged to the Account within three months of Account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held the Nectar Credit Card in the past six months. Purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom will earn you Points at the rate of 1 point for every £1. You can find out which retailers we treat as warehouse retailers by checking the FAQ section of our website (americanexpress.co.uk).l be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and a minimum of £2,000 has been spent and charged to the Account within three months of Account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any personal American Express Cards in the past 24 months.. Purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom will earn you Points at the rate of 1 point for every £1. You can find out which retailers we treat as warehouse retailers by checking the FAQ section of our website (americanexpress.co.uk).
5. The annual fee is £25. With this offer you will receive the first year of Cardmembership with £0 annual fee. From year two of your membership, a £25 annual fee will automatically be charged to your Account on or after the anniversary of your Account opening date. The first year fee waiver is only available to new American Express Cardmembers. A customer is not considered a new Cardmember if they hold or have held in the last six months another American Express Card.
6. 2 points per full £1 spent consists of collecting 2 points for virtually every full £1 spent and charged on your Nectar Credit Card everywhere, including abroad (except for purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom (e.g. Costco) where you will earn Points at the rate of 1 point for every full £1).
7. Subject to enrolment, for more information click here. Terms and Conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.