Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Credit Card or Charge Card – and experience a variety of travel rewards along the way.
If you love to travel, for business or pleasure, an American Express Travel Rewards and Air Miles Card is the perfect travel companion. You can accumulate rewards points faster with every pound you spend on your Credit Card or Charge Card.
For example, the American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card gives you double Membership Rewards® points for spend made directly with airlines or in a foreign currency. Some of these benefits also come with our Business Cards. Redeem points earned for flights or hotels on business trips or for a well earned break.
Rewards can be exchanged for flights, holidays or hotel bookings or, with some Cards, a combination of all three. Our premium Travel Rewards Cards also offer VIP benefits, like help with your travel arrangements, preferential upgrades on travel and hotel bookings, and discounts with our luxury cruise partners.
You can also enjoy access to exclusive airport lounges, and extra help and financial coverage for travel problems like flight delays, missed connections and delayed luggage.
Also, any American Express customer can enjoy American Express Invites®, which reserves tickets to some of the hottest shows in town exclusively for our Cardmembers. Whether your passion is music, film, dining or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.
An American Express Travel Rewards Card offers you:
24/7 Customer Service
Whenever you need us, wherever you are, our Customer Care Professionals are available 24/7 by phone, text, email or mail.
Our Global Assist® team provides immediate personal advice almost anywhere in the world, anytime of the day or night.
Card Security and Protection
All American Express Cards feature Chip and PIN technology and all transactions are processed through our own Secure System to minimise the risk of fraud, whether you use your Card at home or abroad.
Our early detection systems monitor potentially fraudulent activity, and our Fraud Protection Guarantee means that in the unlikely event you are a victim of Card fraud, and you have taken reasonable care with your Card, you won't be held responsible for any costs linked to the fraudulent activity.
Accepted Around the World
American Express Travel Rewards Credit Cards and Charge Cards are accepted all over the world. Your spend is converted as soon as we process the transaction.
The American Express exchange rate is set daily. If you are paying in US dollars, the amount will be converted directly to pounds sterling.
If you are paying in another currency, this will be converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling.
Manage your Account Online or on your Mobile
Register online and manage your Account whenever you choose to, online or on your mobile. View your current balance, have updates sent to your phone, pay your bills easily, and manage your rewards points at your convenience.
Receive a variety of premium benefits such as airport lounge access or 2-4-1 travel vouchers on top of earning points for your everyday spend.
Travel Rewards Cards
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card when travelling, with the added bonus of earning points when you make purchases at home and abroad.
Earn cashback everyday.
American Express Cashback Credit Cards give you all the benefits and convenience of an American Express Credit Card, whist earning you cashback on your purchases.
Get the most out of life.
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card – with the added bonus of accumulating Rewards points which offer you the flexibility to redeem for flights, hotels, gift cards and more.
No Annual Fee Cards
Get the most out of your Card with no annual fee.
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card - with the added bonus of accumulating rewards.
I am aged 18 or over
I have no history of bad debt
I have a permanent UK home address
I have a current UK bank or building society account
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria, and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the Card that best suits you, read the important information, then click the 'Apply now' button on the page to begin the application process. At this point, you can choose optional additional benefits and also decide how you'd like your name to appear on your Card.
Find out if you're eligible with our Eligibility Checker
Only takes a couple of minutes to complete
Will not impact your
Allows you to apply
Credit and Charge Cards Explained
Has talk of interest, annual fees, rates and percentages left you feeling confused?
Our simple Credit and Charge Card Guides are a great place to start.
Find a type of Card to suit your needs
Explore our range of Cards—you’re bound to find something that suits your needs and lifestyle.
1. For the Premium Plus Card, the 25,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. For the Premium Plus Card, you will be awarded 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent and charged per transaction, and 3 Avios for virtually every £1 you spend direct on British Airways flights and holidays. Avios are not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Withdrawals, American Express Travellers Cheques purchases, Foreign Exchange, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges. Written details available on request. Introductory offers are not available if you currently hold or have held any other British Airways American Express Cards in the past six months. Please note, it can take up to one month for the bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account once you have met the required spend.
2. Terms and Conditions apply to Avios redemptions. Reward flights and companion voucher bookings are subject to availability. Detailed information on companion vouchers can be found here or by calling 0844 493 0750. Please note, calls cost a maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. All applicable Terms and Conditions will be provided within your Welcome Pack if you are approved.
3. Terms and Conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
4. Earn Gold Elite status after making £15,000 in eligible purchase on your Card in a calendar year. This includes 25% Bonus Points on Stays, Gold Welcome Gift of Points (250/500 Points, Varies by
Brand), 2p.m. Late Checkout (Based on Availability), Enhanced Room Upgrade (Based on Availability), Complimentary Enhanced In-Room Internet Access, Dedicated Elite Reservation Line.
5. Terms and Conditions apply to points redemptions and are subject to availability. Detailed information can be found here. All applicable Terms and Conditions will be provided to you as you receive your Card when approved.