If you think a transaction or amount on your Billing Statement might be incorrect, you should make a few quick checks. These often resolve an apparent mistake or rule out attempted fraud:
- Search online to check the retailer name on your statement isn’t another name for a retailer you’ve made a purchase from
- If it’s an online purchase (i.e. .co.uk or .com) check your email inbox and junk folder for an email confirmation from the company
- Is it a monthly or yearly subscription?
- Check the exchange rate used, if the charge is not what you expected
- Contact the retailer listed on the statement directly. Often this is the quickest way to check and resolve any issue
If after making these checks you still don’t recognise the charge, you can raise a dispute, which we’ll work with you to resolve as quickly as possible.
Raise a dispute using Online Services:
Step 1 – Log in to Online Services using your existing Account details or register here
Step 2 – Select the transaction you want to query from your statement page
Step 3 – Select ‘Dispute this charge’
Step 4 – Choose the type of inquiry you have and answer the questions
Step 5 – When you reach the ‘Inquiry Complete’ page you will receive a confirmation message
Step 6 – You can then see the status of your dispute in your disputes activity and cancel this at any time
Raise a dispute by telephone
If you can’t use our Online Services, contact us and our Customer Care Professionals will investigate your dispute for you.