American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company. American Express Australia Limited holds an Australian Financial Services Licence number 291313 and an Australian Credit Licence 291313.
1. Reward Points. Reward Points are governed by the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Reward Points Terms and Conditions and exclusions apply. For full Terms and Conditions go to davidjones.com.au/rewardpoints. The following merchants have been classified as major supermarkets: Bi-Lo, Coles, Fishers, Food For Less, Fresh Provisions, Harris Farm Markets, IGA, Macro Wholefoods, Safeway, Supabarn, Thomas Dux, Woolworths.
The following merchants have been classified as major petrol stations: Ampol, BP, Caltex Woolworths, Gull, Metro, Peak, Safeway Petrol, Shell, United, Woolworths Petrol, 7 Eleven.
Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia.
Additional points for major supermakets, petrol stations and foreign currency may not apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to a major supermarket processed through a payment aggregator may not earn the additional points.
Exceptions may apply if individual retailers do not accept American Express as a form of payment. Reward Points are earned for every one Australian dollar spent on goods and services. Subject to your account being kept in good standing and not overdue.
2. Exclusive Invitations. To receive exclusive invitations you must be opted in to receive marketing communications and continue to spend on your Card. Subject to availability.
3. Complimentary Delivery. Receive complimentary standard delivery to any address within the same country as the store in which your goods were purchased, or within Australia when you purchase online at davidjones.com.au using a David Jones American Express Card or the David Jones Storecard. Excludes gift cards, hampers and fresh food, Wine Club, Gift Registry and large items.
4. Complimentary Gift Wrapping. Available whenever you use a David Jones American Express Card or the David Jones Storecard instore or online at davidjones.com
5. Deferred Payment Options. Interest Free instalment credit options are available across all departments to approved customers on a David Jones American Express Card or the David Jones Storecard only. Repayable in either 12 equal monthly instalments where the amount purchased is $500 or more, in one transaction; or 60 equal monthly instalments where the amount purchased is $1,000 or more, in one transaction. Fees and charges apply. Each new interest free instalment credit option incurs a $35 establishment fee and a $2.95 monthly account keeping fee. Only available in Australian stores. Refer to the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Card Member Agreement for full Terms and Conditions.
3 Months Pay Later Option is a deferred payment promotion available to David Jones American Express and David Jones Storecard Card Members where the amount purchased is $50 or more, in one transaction. This promotion is available across all departments with no deposit, no interest, or account keeping fees. The deferred payment period is 3 months, after which time the plan amount will be added to your standard balance for payment on your next statement. Only available in Australia. Refer to the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Card Member Agreement for full Terms and Conditions.
6. Exclusive Fashion Events. To receive exclusive invitations you must be opted in to receive marketing communications and continue to spend on your Card. Subject to availability.
7. Additional Cards. Additional Card Members must be 18 years of age or over. Additional Card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members.
8. American Express Refer a Friend Program
American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. By participating in ‘Refer a Friend’, you agree to these ‘Refer a Friend’ terms and conditions:
- Only Friends & Family: You must only send referral messages to close friends and family.
- Ask Their Permission First: You must ask the person for their permission to send them an email about your Card product. Sending emails to people without permission is considered spam.
- Referral Cap: If you hold a Consumer card you may only send referral messages to a maximum of 20 friends, the amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 200,000 points per year. If you hold a Small Business Card, the amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 1,000,000 points per year.
- Your friend must apply from the referral link we have given you. If your friend applies from a separate link or applies independently (i.e. if they visit www.americanexpress.com.au directly) you will not receive your points. You must not market or promote this offer through paid advertising channels or to the public at large (i.e. on public blog sites, search engines or in sponsored ads).
- You will only receive points if your friend’s Card application is approved (in accordance with our usual Card application processes and assessments). Note: We will not tell you if your friend’s Card application is approved or declined for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
- You cannot refer a friend who already has one of our cards or has held one in the last 18 months.
- You must be enrolled in a Rewards program to receive Bonus Points. Bonus Points refer to Qantas Points if you are enrolled in Qantas Direct or Qantas Frequent Flyer, Velocity Points if you are enrolled in Velocity Frequent Flyer and Membership Rewards Points if you are enrolled in Membership Rewards. It may take 8 to 10 weeks to be credited Bonus Points if you are successful.
Why should I comply?
If you fail to comply with these 'Refer a Friend' Terms and Conditions, your participation in the program may be cancelled and you will no longer be eligible for any Bonus Points from the 'Refer a Friend' program.
9. Complimentary Priority Delivery. Receive complimentary next day delivery to any address within the metropolitan or regional area of the store in which your goods were purchased with the David Jones American Express Platinum Card. Goods must be under 25kg and no larger than 1m x 1m x 1.5m. Excludes orders placed online, gift cards, hampers, Wine Club, fresh food, Gift Registry purchases and large items.
10. Complimentary Alterations. Complimentary alterations are available on women’s and men’s apparel purchased instore at David Jones on the David Jones American Express Platinum Card. Offer excludes David Jones Bridal. Items cannot be returned or exchanged for change of mind once altered.
11. Complimentary Travel Insurance. David Jones American Express Card insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here for the David Jones American Express Platinum Card. You must use your David Jones American Express Platinum Card to pay for your eligible items or your return trip in order to be eligible for the insurances. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This website does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
12. Airport Lounge. American Express Lounge Entry is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available here. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. David Jones American Express Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring Additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
13. Membership Rewards. Subject to the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Card Reward Points Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au/rewardpoints. The redemption of points is subject to your account being kept in good standing and not overdue.
14. Qantas Frequent Flyer. Reward Points are earned and converted to Qantas Points in accordance with the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Card Reward Points Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com/rewardpoints and exclusions apply. For the David Jones American Express Card, 1 Reward Point = 0.75 Qantas Points. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points, which are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions available at qantas.com/terms.
15. Shop with Points Online. Subject to the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Rewards Points. Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com/rewardpoints. The amount of Membership Rewards points required to purchase the item(s) is subject to change at any time. A minimum of 3,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. The David Jones Storecard, Card Members enrolled in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and Additional Card Members are not eligible for Shop with Points transactions. The Primary Card must be used to complete the purchase.
16. Gift Cards or Vouchers. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit. Normal retailer gift card or voucher conditions apply, refer to the gift card or retailer website for details.
17. Airline Partners. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Card Member’s responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply.
18. Classic Flight Rewards. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls, availability is limited and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Reward Seats available. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the Qantas Points required. For more information, visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards.