1. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card to pay for return domestic or international travel. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (Chubb). Refer to the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Insurances Terms and Conditions between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) (American Express) and Chubb available here. This website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
2.To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
3. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. with Qantas direct or some travel agents and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a singlevisit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry into The American Express Lounges in Australia is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available here. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December) for their Account. Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children between the ages of 2 and 17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member’s American Express Card.
5. Taste by American Express Invites benefit is subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
This benefit is only redeemable when paid for with an American Express Card.
The benefit is fulfilled by making reservation bookings directly with the restaurant in the American Express Card Member’s name and is subject to table availability. American Express Card Members can either call or walk in to the restaurant to check availability and book. Card Members have to identify themselves as an American Express Card Member at the time of booking or before ordering to receive the benefits on the dining day.
The benefit is valid for seated dining only and cannot be combined with any other benefit.
Each restaurant offers one of the following offers as stated in their offer details and this is not negotiable:
- a complimentary appetizer from the a la carte menu (up to ten guests)
- or a complimentary bottle of wine (per table)
- or a discount of 20% on food purchases (up to ten guests) and will be provided by the participating restaurants in accordance with the provisions set out here.
The offer is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
Complimentary appetizer selection may be limited by the restaurant at its discretion and will only be valid when a main course and a dessert are purchased per person.
The complimentary bottle of wine is selected by the restaurant and cannot be taken away or consumed off premises. The complimentary bottle of wine will only be valid when a main course per person is purchased.
Exclusions may apply. The benefits are limited to one redemption per visit, per American Express Card, per bill, per table, unless otherwise stated; a restaurant may cap benefit availability to 10 guests per booking at its discretion.
The benefit is available for lunch or dinner on any day of the week, unless otherwise noted.
Blackout dates apply, please check with individual restaurants when booking.
Should an American Express Card Member face any issues including any failure to fulfil the benefit, please contact the relevant restaurant. Alternatively, American Express Card Members may contact American Express Customer Services by calling the number on the back of their Card. American Express Card Members with Cards issued from a bank partner should complete the Contact Us form on American Express Connect.
Fulfilment of this offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express restaurant.
6. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited, particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Flight Reward seats available. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the Qantas Points required. For more information, click here.