Membership Rewards® Programme
Cardmembers enrolled in the American Express Membership Rewards® programme will earn one additional bonus Membership Rewards point in addition to their standard earn rate (for a total of 2 points) for every full £1 spent on flights, prepaid hotels, car hire and experiences booked through the American Express Travel website americanexpress.co.uk/travel. Specific Card products or limited time promotions may offer additional Membership Rewards points, please see individual Card or promotion Terms and Conditions for more information. Additional Membership Rewards points cannot be earned on products which are not prepaid but are paid directly to the supplier, including cruise bookings and select hotel bookings. These bookings will not earn two Membership Rewards points for every £1 spent but will be earned at the normal rate of one point for every £1 spent. Full Terms and Conditions apply, please visit americanexpress.co.uk/termsandconditions.
To use Pay with Points, you must book your eligible purchase through American Express Travel and charge to a Membership Rewards programme-enrolled American Express® Card. Eligible purchases through American Express Travel exclude non-prepaid car rentals and non-prepaid hotels. Points will be debited from your Membership Rewards account, and credit for corresponding amount will be issued to the American Express® Card Account used. If points redeemed do not cover entire amount, the balance of purchase price will remain on the American Express Card Account. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking on americanexpress.co.uk/travel. Please visit americanexpress.com/uk/mr-terms for the Membership Rewards programme information and terms and conditions or call +44 0800 917 8053 to request a copy. For more information on Pay With Points visit americanexpress.com/uk/travel/how-to-pay-with-points. To earn or exchange Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards programme and be active and current in their payments. Please allow up to ten weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your Account. Bookings are subject to the full American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these, please visit americanexpress.co.uk/termsandconditions.
Fine Hotels + Resorts (FHR)
If you are a Platinum Supplementary Cardmember looking to book a hotel within The Hotel Collection or the Fine Hotels + Resorts programme, you can contact your Platinum Travel service on the following phone number 0800 917 8054. All other bookings can be made online at American Express Travel.
Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, any American Express Travel office or American Express Travel Online (online bookings currently only available to Basic Platinum and Centurion Members). Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Cardmember's or Centurion® Member's name. Available for Platinum Charge Cardmembers and Centurion® Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Cardmembers who are not also Platinum Charge Cardmembers. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi‑Fi is provided. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi‑Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Cardmember will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi‑Fi. The credit will be issued on the Cardmember's final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels + Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional Fine Hotels + Resorts promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
The Hotel Collection (THC)
Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings of two or more consecutive nights made online through American Express Travel (americanexpress.co.uk/travel). Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Preferred Rewards Gold Cardmembers®, Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Cardmembers®, UK Platinum Cardmember's or UK Centurion® Members name. If you are a Centurion or Platinum Supplementary Cardmember looking to book a hotel within The Hotel Collection programme, you can contact your Centurion or Platinum Travel service on the following phone numbers, Centurion: 0808 100 50 50 or Platinum: 0800 917 8054. All other bookings can be made online at American Express Travel. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described.
*The Cardmember will receive the credit as a deduction from the final bill when checking out of the hotel; they receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Eligible charges exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of the room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotels that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) –see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival.
**A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.
Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating providers and benefits subject to change.
International Airline Program (IAP)
1. Current International Airline Program Partners: Air Europa, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, Etihad Airways, Emirates Airlines, Iberia, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
2. American Express reserves the rights to change these conditions from time to time with 21 days prior notice and/or to discontinue the whole program.
3. Airlines reserve the right to change, cancel or restrict flight operations without notice. IAP upgrades or specially negotiated fares may be limited by airlines to certain flights and/or dates (“blackouts”). IAP is subject to the terms and conditions of each participating carrier. American Express does not guarantee that seats or tickets will be available. Cabins of service and discounts vary by airline and route. Discounts are applicable to adult fares however some airlines extend savings to child fares.
4. To qualify for the IAP upgrades or specially negotiated fares:
a) Your journey must start and end at the same port as designated by the participating airline and be completed within the period during which your selected carrier participates in the program. You will be advised of any applicable dates at the time of booking;
b) IAP tickets must be purchased through the Platinum Travel Service and must be charged to a valid American Express Platinum Card which is in good standing;
c) The Platinum Cardmember who purchases the ticket(s) must be one of the travellers;
d) IAP tickets are non-transferable and non endorsable.
5. Any travel on non-participating airlines must be ticketed and paid for separately and is not part of the IAP. Certain code share or flights on the worldwide partners of the participating airlines may not apply.
6. Certain IAP airlines or non-participating airlines impose restrictions such as ticketing time limit on advance booking to indicate a timeline for ticketing upon making your reservations. For each individual airline Terms & Conditions, please check with the Platinum Travel Service for details.
7. IAP upgrade offers or specially negotiated fares may not be combined with any other promotion, discount, negotiated or corporate rate.
8. American Express acts only as an agent for travel service providers and does not own or operate any airline or means of transportation. American Express is not liable for service deficiencies on the part of airlines or other service providers, including but not limited to: accidents and injuries; delays; changes in routes or itineraries; loss, theft or damages to possessions. American Express strongly advises travellers to insure themselves against travel risks. Travellers are responsible for ensuring that they have valid documentation and for complying with the health, customs, currency and other laws of any country they enter or attempt to enter.
9. IAP is available to Platinum Cardmembers from a variety of participating airlines each with specifically designated ports of departure and arrival. Please refer to the Platinum Travel Service for details of participating airlines, applicable routing and timetables and fares in force at any particular time.
10. Other International Airline Program Terms & Conditions may apply.
Global Lounge Collection®
For full Terms and Conditions for Global Lounge Collection®, please visit our Global Lounge page.