TM, ®: Used under license from American Express. Copyright ©: Amex Bank of Canada, 2019.
1. Source: American Express Proprietary Information. Aggregated information that is not specific to individual Cardmembers or merchants. Date range: Jan 2018 - Dec 2018.
2. Source: The Nilson Report # 1150 (April 2019). American Express transaction size derived as Canada year-end purchase volume divided by year-end purchase transactions. Average Non-American Express transaction equals $73 US ($95 CAD), includes Visa and MasterCard credit cards, and excludes Interac and debit volume and transactions. Purchase volume converted to Canadian dollars by multiplying US ﬁgures by 1.2986 (average 2018 CAD to USD conversion rate as stated by Bank of Canada at https://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/annual-average-exchange-rates).
3. Source: American Express commissioned internet panel survey conducted in December 2018 – January 2019 based on food and beverage purchases made in the month prior to the survey. Definition of American Express Cardmembers: Respondents who reported that they have an American Express Card and that they used that card to make food and beverage purchases in the prior month. Definition of Non-Cardmembers: Respondents who reported that they do not have any type of American Express Card and that they used Visa®, MasterCard®, debit cards, or cash or check to make food and beverage purchases in the prior month.
4. Your business could be recommended to Cardmembers in Cardmember emails sent by American Express.
5. American Express Maps features eligible American Express Card accepting small merchants and is intended for general reference purposes only. It does not represent a comprehensive list of all Card accepting merchants. Data is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. For a list of eligibility criteria or to access Frequently Asked Questions please visit https://icm.aexp-static.com/content/dam/one-amex/merchant/en-ca/footer/default/CAFAQs.pdf.