American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card
Accelerated Earn Rate
Renewal Fee Waiver
AMERICAN EXPRESS EMI
- On Spending INR 2500 in a month on our 10X Partner (Flipkart), you will earn 500 Membership Rewards points
- On Spending INR 2500 in a month on our 10X Partner (Uber), you will earn 500 Membership Rewards points
- On Spending INR 2500 in a month on our 5X Partner, you will earn 250 Membership Rewards points
- 24X7 Card Related Assistance
- Dispute Resolution
- Zero Lost Card Liability5
- Emergency Card Replacement
- One Supplementary American Express SmartEarnTM Credit Card at no additional cost
- I/We confirm that I / supplementary card applicant/s is a Resident Indian as defined under the Income Tax Act of India and hereby declare that I/We will notify American Express Banking Corp. if there is a change in the residential status.
- I understand American Express Cards are currently issued to residents of Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Surat & Vadodra subject to conditions.
- I am Employed and have a Personal Annual Income of INR 4.5 lakhs and above or Self Employed with a Personal Annual Income of INR 6 lakhs and above.
- I have an Indian or multinational bank’s savings or current account in India
- I have a current / permanent residential address in India
- I am over 18 years of age
- I have a good credit history and no payment defaults
- If self-employed: My company has been trading for more than 12 months
Ready to Apply
2. For example, for a spend of Rs. 50 on an eligible merchant the Cardmember will get 10 Membership Rewards Points (if merchant is under 10X category) and 5 Membership Rewards Points (if merchant is under 5X category). Under 10X category, 10X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 500 Points per month per Card Account for Flipkart and 10X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 500 Points per month per Card Account for Uber. Under 5X category, 5X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 250 Points per month per Card Account for all the merchants put together. Please note that eligible merchant partners may change from time to time. To view the complete list of merchant partners, please visit amex.co/seccrewards. 10X category means Cardmember earns 9 Membership Rewards Points on every Rs. 50 spent at participating merchant(s) over and above the regular Membership Rewards Points earn rate applicable on the Card Account. For example, an eligible spend of Rs. 250 will get the Cardmember 5 regular Membership Rewards Points and 45 additional Membership Rewards Points. 5X category means Cardmember earns 4 Membership Rewards Points on every Rs. 50 spent at participating merchant(s) over and above the regular Membership Rewards Points earn rate applicable on the Card Account. For example, an eligible spend of Rs. 250 will get the Cardmember 5 regular Membership Rewards Points and 20 additional Membership Rewards Points.
3. Eligible spends do not include cash advances, express cash transactions, drafts made from the account, balance transfers and fees.
4. You will not earn Membership Rewards Points on your American Express Card for all your spending on fuel, insurance and utility (electricity, water and gas bills) payments. Fuel includes petrol, diesel, CNG from Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs). Utility services includes providers of household/domestic electricity, gas and water. These providers can be government departments and agencies including local, state, municipal organizations, public housing societies and apartment associations. Telecommunications includes providers of landline phones, mobile phones, internet services, cable and other pay TV services, and calling cards.
Effective February 1, 2020, you would not earn Membership Rewards® points on any EMI option selected from a merchant’s website e.g. online shopping with Amazon or Flipkart etc. and on any EMI option selected at Merchant’s terminal e.g. a Chip and PIN transaction at Croma retail store etc. At the same time, you would continue to earn Membership Rewards® points on all EMI transactions through American Express® SafeKey and on all EMI conversions done post purchase.
5. Cardmember liability is nil if American Express receives the report within 3 working days of the fraud. If the fraud is reported beyond 3 working days then the maximum liability of the customer will be limited to Rs. 1,000. For further details, please refer MITC.
- Additional Membership Rewards Points for simply using the Card
- Enjoy greater Flexibility in spending with
'no pre-set limit'.
- Redeem Points from the fabulous 18 and 24 Karat Gold Collection
- Enjoy Cashback on MakeMyTrip.com bookings
- Travel Vouchers worth up to Rs. 15,800
- Enjoy 1 complimentary visit per quarter in a year at select airport lounges
- Or effective 20 August, 2020 Flipkart Vouchers worth up to Rs. 13,000 till 31 December, 2020
- Taj, SeleQtions and Vivanta Hotels Experiences Gift Card worth Rs. 10,000
- Enjoy privileges at Taj, SeleQtions and Vivanta Hotels and Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Complimentary access to leading Golf courses in India
- Complimentary access to American Express lounges and other domestic lounges across India.
- Get special health and wellness benefits from Max Healthcare