Frequently Asked Questions
There are many reasons for considering an American Express Credit Card – here are just a few:
Boost your spending power with a Credit Card, allowing you to buy now and pay later. Read more on how Credit Cards work here.
Rewarding offers and benefits
As an American Express Cardmember you’ll have access to offers across travel, dining, retail, wellness and more. So you could indulge in curated dining experiences, enjoy exclusive retail offers or treat yourself at the spa. Explore more here.
With Amex Offers, you can even choose treats tailored for you. Just log in into your online account and save the offers you like with a single click.
Experience the world-class service with all our Credit Cards
24x7 Platinum Assist
No matter your query, you’ll get 24x7 Card Related Assistance. Wherever you are, just reach out – we’re always ready to help.
View and manage your account anywhere in the world by using your Online Card Account, or the American Express App.
Your American Express Card offers the additional benefit of contactless payments; a secure and smart way to pay for all purchases below INR 5,000. Simply tap your Card on the contactless machine at the point of sale, and you won't need to enter a PIN.
Zero Lost Card liability
Should you lose your Card, American Express’s Zero Lost Card liability protects you against any fraudulent transactions made with your Card. Just report the fraud
within three days, and your liability will be nil. Refer to Most Important Terms & Conditions for complete details.
Emergency Card replacement
If you lose your Card, we’ll usually replace it within 48 hours, wherever you are in the world, so you can carry on with your plans.
Online Fraud Protection Guarantee
Our early detection systems monitor potentially fraudulent activity. In the unlikely event that you are a victim of Card fraud, and you have taken reasonable care, you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges.
Feel rewarded with one of the most powerful rewards programs, allowing you to earn Membership Rewards Points every time you spend.
You can redeem your points across a variety of options with our American Express Membership Rewards® Catalogue. Take your pick from a selection of hand-picked rewards (with 500+ redemption options) – from travel and accommodation to electronics and luxury retail.
Earn and redeem points on Cards like American Express Platinum® Travel Credit Card, American Express Membership Rewards® Credit Card, American Express SmartEarn® Credit Card.
With the American Express Platinum Reserve® Credit Card, you’re automatically entitled to use our premium Concierge Service.
A dedicated team is on call 24 hours a day, ready to take care of all your lifestyle needs. Whether you’re struggling to get last-minute reservations or forgot to send flowers to a special someone on their birthday, with the powerful backing of American Express, you’ll get it sorted. We offer assistance with:
What makes our products special? Our Credit Cards come with benefits and offers curated to help you get more value from your purchases. We also ensure your experience is rewarding by enrolling you in our Membership Rewards® points program.
Explore our full range of Credit Cards available for the Indian market.
American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card
American Express Membership Rewards® Credit Card
American Express® Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card
American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card
At American Express we have several types of Credit Cards with unique benefits so you can find a Card that best suits your needs and lifestyle.
Learn more about credit card types and compare the benefits of the different types of Cards at American Express:
Knowing your credit limit is the first step to keeping your balance under control. You can reduce the risk of going over your limit by making regular payments.
The charges you pay partly depend on the type of Card you have and how you use it.
Learn how interest is calculated to help you choose the right Card.
Discover our detailed, step-by-step guide to Credit Card application and requirements here.
A Credit Card offers a line of credit or loan that allows you to make purchases and pay back the amount later.
A Credit Card offers you a line of credit to make purchases and pay back the amount later. While you can repay the balance in full, you only have to make minimum repayments and pay interest on the amount owed.
A Charge Card works like a Credit Card but the amount has to be repaid in full by the due date and part payments.
A Credit Card offers a line of credit which means that you can make purchases that you do not currently have the funds for and pay for them later.
A Debit Card instantly deducts payments when you shop and limits your purchases to the funds available
With our Eligibility Checker you can apply for a Credit Card hassle free. Fill in our pre-application form, check your eligibility in just 30 seconds.This process lets you know how likely you are to be approved before submitting an official application.
A credit limit is the maximum amount of money you can spend on your credit card and is set based on the Cardmember’s credit scores and credit reports.
The CIBIL score is an important factor when applying for a credit card. It is a reflection of your credit history and past repayment behaviour and determines your eligibility to apply for loans.
1. Eligible spends do not include cash advances, express cash transactions, drafts made from the Account, balance transfers and fees. Statement Credit will be given within 10 working days of completion of eligible spends.
2. For example, for a spend of Rs. 50 on an eligible merchant the Cardmember will get 10 Membership Rewards Points (if merchant is under 10X category) and 5 Membership Rewards Points (if merchant is under 5X category). Under 10X category, 10X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 500 Points per month per Card Account jointly for Flipkart and Amazon and 10X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 500 Points per month per Card Account for Uber. Under 5X category, 5X Membership Rewards Points will be capped at 250 Points per month per Card Account for all the merchants put together. Please note that eligible merchant partners may change from time to time. To view the complete list of merchant partners, please visit amex.co/seccrewards. 10X category means Cardmember earns 9 Membership Rewards Points on every Rs. 50 spent at participating merchant(s) over and above the regular Membership Rewards Points earn rate applicable on the Card Account. For example, an eligible spend of Rs. 250 will get the Cardmember 5 regular Membership Rewards Points and 45 additional Membership Rewards Points. 5X category means Cardmember earns 4 Membership Rewards Points on every Rs. 50 spent at participating merchant(s) over and above the regular Membership Rewards Points earn rate applicable on the Card Account. For example, an eligible spend of Rs. 250 will get the Cardmember 5 regular Membership Rewards Points and 20 additional Membership Rewards Points.
3. Eligible spends do not include cash advances, express cash transactions, drafts made from the account, balance transfers and fees.
4. Welcome Gift for American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card is available only in the 1st year on payment of the annual fee and on spending INR 15,000 within 90 days of Cardmembership.
5. For Flipkart voucher Terms and Conditions, Click here
6. For Travel booking Terms and Conditions, Click here
7. 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points, to be awarded as Welcome Gift is available only in the 1st year on payment of the annual fee and on spending INR 15,000 within 90 days of cardmembership.
8. Welcome Gift for American Express® Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card is available only in the 1st year on payment of the annual fee and on spending INR 30,000 within 90 days of cardmembership.
9. For SmartEarn Credit Card Amazon voucher benefit Terms and Conditions, Click here
* Eligible spends do not include cash advances, express cash transaction, draft made from the account, balance transfer, fees and is net of any returns.