Your saved cards
If you love to travel, for business or pleasure, an American Express Travel Rewards Card is the perfect travel companion. That's because you will accumulate rewards points at a higher rate with every pound you spend on your credit or charge Card. For example, the Preferred Rewards Gold Card gives you double Membership Rewards® points for virtually all travel-related spend, as well as double points on virtually all spend made whilst abroad.
Some of these benefits also come with our Business Cards. Redeem points earned for flights or hotels on business trips or for a well earned break.
Rewards can be exchanged for flights, holidays or hotel bookings or, with some Cards, a combination of all three. Our premium Travel Rewards Cards also offer VIP benefits, like help with your travel arrangements, preferential upgrades on travel and hotel bookings, and discounts with our luxury cruise partners.
You can also enjoy access to over 600 exclusive airport lounges, and extra help and financial cover for travel problems like flight delays, missed connections and delayed luggage.
And every American Express customer enjoys Preferred Seating from American Express, which reserves tickets to some of the hottest shows in town exclusively for our Cardmembers. Whether your passion is music, film, dining or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.
The Platinum Card®
The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
Representative 76.0% APR variable
British Airways American Express
Premium Plus Credit Card
Representative 22.9% APR variable
British Airways American Express Credit Card
An American Express Travel Rewards Card offers you:
The range of benefits and cover varies from Card to Card, so do have a good look to see exactly what each Card has to offer. Explore your options further by browsing the list of Cards in the menu to the left, or use the 'Compare these Cards' button near the top of this page to view all our Travel Rewards Cards.
Whenever you need us, wherever you are, our Customer Care Professionals are available 24/7 by phone, text, email or mail. Our Global Assist® team provides immediate personal advice almost anywhere in the world, anytime of the day or night.
All American Express cards feature Chip and PIN technology and all transactions are processed through our own Secure System to minimise the risk of fraud, whether you use your Card at home or abroad. Our early detection systems monitor potentially fraudulent activity, and our Fraud Protection Guarantee means that in the unlikely event you are a victim of Card fraud, and you have taken reasonable care with your Card, you won't be held responsible for any costs linked to the fraudulent activity.
Selected American Express Travel Rewards Cards also offer Refund Protection on eligible items bought in the UK on your Card for up to 90 days. Additional Purchase Protection may also be included. So if you bought an eligible item on your Card and it's stolen or damaged within 90 days, we'll replace or repair it, or refund you.
American Express Travel Rewards Cards are accepted all over the world. Your spend is converted as soon as we process the transaction. The American Express exchange rate is set daily. If you are paying in US dollars, the amount will be converted directly to pounds sterling. If you are paying in another currency, this will be converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling.
Register online and manage your account whenever you choose to, online or on your mobile. View your current balance, have updates sent to your phone, pay your bills easily, and manage your rewards points at your convenience.
To save time, use the following checklist to see if you meet our standard eligibility criteria:
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria, and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the Travel Rewards Card that suits you best, make sure you read the important information, then hit the 'Apply now' button to begin the application process. At this stage, you can decide how you'd like your name to appear on your Card, and choose optional additional benefits.
Your application takes less than 10 minutes and you can get a response in 60 seconds.
Try our Eligibility Checker
1. The 30,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £2,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Cards in the past six months. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus points to be awarded to your Account.
2. Access to airport lounges: In order to provide this service, American Express Services Europe Limited needs to share the information you have provided with Priority Pass. We will also share your date of birth with Priority Pass for ongoing identification and account validation purposes. Priority Pass will use the information solely for the purpose of providing their service, and will not share it with any third parties. Once you are a Cardmember, if you wish to opt out of the Lounge Access benefit you can do so via Platinum Service at 0800 917 8054 option 4. These conditions are also available in full at prioritypass.com
3. The 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £2,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Cards in the past six months.
4. We will share certain membership information about you with the PP Ltd and its affiliates who administer the LOUNGE CLUBTM programme. PP Ltd and its affiliates will provide complimentary membership for the primary card holder to LOUNGE CLUB, and issue a card and lounge listing. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUB card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the Terms and Conditions of LOUNGE CLUB which are available in full at loungeclub.com which you agree to comply with by applying for a Card. You also confirm that lounges may charge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person, per visit) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PP Ltd and its affiliates and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them.
5. 18,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. Introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other British Airways American Express Cards in the past six months. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account.
6. Terms and Conditions apply to Avios redemptions. Reward flights and companion voucher bookings are subject to availability. Detailed information on companion vouchers can be found at britishairways.com/travel/amexcompaniontc/public/en_gb or by calling 0844 493 0750. Please note, calls cost a maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. All applicable Terms and Conditions will be provided within your Welcome Pack if you are approved.
7. 3,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £500 on goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. Introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other British Airways American Express Cards in the past six months. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account.
American Express Services Europe Limited ('AESEL') makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation available on this website and which will be provided with your Card. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.