During times of travel disruption, we recommend you check your airline's website for the status of your flight. If you need to change or cancel your booking due to this event, read on for instructions.
Where can I find travel disruption information?
- Check your flight status on your airline's website to find out if your flight has been delayed or cancelled.
- Check your airport to find out if there is specific travel advice for travelers. During times of travel disruption, allow plenty of time to get to the airport.
- Check your travel insurance policy to see if changes and cancellations due to unforeseen events are covered.
How can I change my travel plans as a result of a travel disruption?
- Select your airline from the menu below to see if a policy has been issued to waive change and cancellation fees due to this event:
2. Prepare potential dates for rebooking your travel according to the airline's policy coverage. Policies may change or be added at any time, so check for updates before rebooking. If your airline has not issued a policy, we can still assist you.
3.When you are ready to rebook, call us.
How can I cancel my travel plans as a result of a travel disruption?
- Check your airline's policy from the previous menu.
- Go to your itinerary on My Trips and select Cancel Flight.
- If this option is not available, or the airline has a policy to waive the cancellation fee for this event, call us.
How can I change or cancel my hotel or car reservation as a result of travel disruption?
- Log in to your account and go to My Trips.
- Select your itinerary, and change or cancel your reservation online.
- If the hotel charges a fee, or if you don't see the option to change or cancel, call us first.
Still need help?
If you need to cancel your cruise or activity booked on American Express Travel Online, or still have questions, call us.