To activate your Amex Band, bring your Eligible Card and a valid photo I.D. to a participating American Express location on-site (i.e., US Open American Express Fan Experience, an American Express Radio Distribution location and the kisk located inside the American Express exhibit in the South Plaza. An Amex representative will help you activate your Amex Band.
- American Express Consumer and Small Business Cards that are issued by a banking or appropriately licensed subsidiary of American Express (an “Eligible Card”) are eligible to be connected to an Amex Band. Additional Card Members on Eligible Card accounts are eligible to activate their own Amex Band. Prepaid cards and American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by third parties cannot be linked to the Amex Band. Please note that Eligible Card Members for an Amex Band may not be eligible for the $20 Back Offer. To learn more about the $20 Back Offer, including eligibility and how to earn the $20 back, please refer to the Card Member Offer Terms section.
- You can only connect one Eligible Card to your Amex Band. Once you have connected an Eligible Card, you cannot switch it to another Card. This is true even if your Card account is cancelled for any reason. If, however, American Express replaces your connected Card plastic (when, for instance, it is lost or stolen), this will not disrupt the use of your Amex Band.
Expiration of Payment Capability; Security/Cancellation
- The Benefits provided to Card Members with the Amex Band and the contactless payment capability for the Amex Band, will expire and cease to function on September 9, 2018 (or, if final day of tournament play is extended, September 10, 2018). After this date, the Amex Band will be automatically removed from the account of the Eligible Card (although you may choose to keep the physical Amex Band as a keepsake).
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the physical security of your Amex Band. Do not let anyone else use your Amex Band. You are responsible for all transactions authorized with your Amex Band to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- If you believe your Amex Band has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way you should contact us immediately by calling the number on the back of your card. You can also cancel your activated Amex Band by accessing your account on americanexpress.com/managedigitalwallets. You must have a valid User ID at Americanexpress.com that provides account access to your Eligible Card. You can register by visiting www.americanexpress.com/myca. Once there, you will enter your User ID and password, and click “Remove” next to your Amex Band. This will permanently make the Amex Band unusable (i.e., un-register the Card from the Amex Band).
- Visiting from Overseas? If your Eligible Card is issued in a country outside of the USA, you will incur foreign exchange fees and charges when making purchases with your Amex Band in the USA. See your Cardmember Agreement for more details.
1. YOUR CARD MEMBER AGREEMENT
2. USE OF YOUR AMEX BAND
The Amex Band enables you to connect an Eligible Card to permit you to use your Amex Band to access the Benefits and make contactless payments at merchants’ contactless-enabled point-of-sale terminals or readers that accept American Express contactless payments in the U.S. The embedded payment chip representing your Eligible Card is located behind the Amex logo on the face of the Amex Band. By placing your Amex Band near the terminal or reader, you are authorizing the payment for the merchant’s products or services with your Eligible Card.
Some merchants may require a customer signature at point-of-sale to complete the transaction. In some cases, a merchant may ask to verify the last few digits of your Card number for purchases or returns. To complete transactions above a certain dollar amount, merchants may also require presentation of a physical companion card or a government-issued form of identification to authenticate your identity.
Only one Card may be connected to Your Amex Band. Once you connect an Eligible Card to an Amex Band, you will not be able to connect a different Card to the same Amex Band. However, if we switch or replace the details of your plastic Card and your Card Account remains open (for example, if your plastic Card is lost or stolen), this will not disrupt your use of your Amex Payments for Amex Band. If your Card account is cancelled for any reason, you will no longer be able to make payments with your Amex Band.
You will be responsible for all use of the Amex Band made by third parties that you give access to your Amex Band, including if these third parties misuse your Amex Band.
Expiration of Payment Capability
The Benefits provided to Card Members with the Amex Band, including the contactless payment capability for this Amex Band, will expire and cease to function on September 9, 2018 (or, if final day of tournament play is extended, September 10, 2018). After this date, the Amex Band will be automatically removed from the account of the Eligible Card.
You may use an Eligible Card (as defined above) to connect to your Amex Band and to enable the contactless payment functionality for the Amex Band.
4. PRIVACY AND SECURITY
What Data American Express Collects
When connecting your Eligible Card to your Amex Band, we collect certain information from you to verify your identity and to enable you to use your Amex Band.
You agree that we may also collect and use technical data and related information, including, but not limited to, technical information about your Amex Band periodically to improve our products or upgrade our services or technologies.
You authorize American Express to collect, use and share your information in accordance with, as applicable, the online and card member privacy statement relevant to your Eligible Card and region.
Where we process and store data
American Express will process and store data in the United States of America. In accordance with our global Data Protection & Privacy Principles, we will always ensure that your data is processed and stored strictly in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
If your Amex Band is lost, stolen or compromised
Subject to applicable laws, you will not be liable for charges made with your Amex Band if it is confirmed as lost or stolen but you must cooperate with us in any investigation. Also note that once you have disconnected your Eligible Card, you will no longer be able to make payments with your Amex Band, however you will be able to reconnect that Card to a new Amex Band.
Subject to your Card Member Agreement and applicable laws, you are responsible for all transactions made using your Amex Band. You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information. You should keep your account information secure in the same manner as you would keep your cash, checks, credit cards, and other personal identification numbers and passwords secure and use any fraud prevention or other related measures we may, from time to time, prescribe. Do not let anyone else use your Amex Band. You are responsible for all transactions authorized with your Amex Band.
5. SUSPENSION; CANCELLATION
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE AMEX BAND IS PROVIDED FOR FREE AT NO COST TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE AMEX BAND IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THE , AMEX BAND IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL DEFECTS THAT MAY EXIST FROM TIME TO TIME AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND AMERICAN EXPRESS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS SUPPLIERS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE AMEX BAND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WE, ON BEHALF OF OURSELVES AND OUR SUPPLIERS, ALSO DO NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF AMEX BAND, OR THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, AMEX BAND WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OR AVAILABILITY OF AMEX BAND WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN AMEX BAND WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY AMERICAN EXPRESS, ANY OF ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CIRCUMSTANCES THAT INTERRUPT, PREVENT OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE FUNCTIONING OF ANY AMEX BAND, SUCH AS UNAVAILABILITY OF THE PAYMENT FUNCTIONALITY, THE ABSENCE OF A CONTACTLESS TERMINAL OR READER AT ANY MERCHANT, OR ANY INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, LIMITATIONS OR OUTAGES IN YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE, INTERNET CONNECTIVITY OR ANY CONTACTLESS COMMUNICATION THAT PREVENT YOU FROM HAVING ACCESS TO ANY OF THE FUNCTIONALITY OF YOUR AMEX BAND.
FOR PERSONAL OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION SENT TO OR FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS OVER THE INTERNET FROM YOUR AMEX BAND, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO LIMIT SUCH CONNECTIONS TO "SECURE SESSIONS" THAT HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED USING TRANSPORTATION LAYER SECURITY OR OTHER SECURITY STANDARDS WE SELECT.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
8. GOVERNING LAW