Cover Your Card Charges
1. Using Points for Your Charges When you use points for your charges, you are using points towards specific, eligible charges.
2. Who can Use Points for Eligible Charges To use points for eligible charges, you must: Be a Basic Consumer or OPEN Card MemberYou must have at least 1,000 available points in your program AccountAll linked Card Accounts must not be canceled, past due or have a returned payment outstandingAdditional Card Members, Authorized Additional Card Members, and Corporate Card Members are not eligible. Account managers and Rewards managers may be eligible to use points by calling the number on the back of your Card but are not eligible to use points online.
3. Available Charges American Express will present the eligible charges you can use points towards, and we may change which charges are eligible at any time without notice. American Express is under no obligation to make charges available for redemption using Membership Rewards points. Generally, these charges meet the following criteria:
- The charge must occur in the U.S. or in a U.S. territoryThe charge must appear in Recent Activity or in your Current Statement
- The charge has never been disputed
- The charge must be at least $1. How to Use Points for Your Charges When you use points for an eligible charge, the points will be deducted immediately from your program Account, and an accompanying credit will be applied to your Linked Card Account within 48 hours. You may use points only toward the entire amount of an eligible charge. If a credit is processed after your Card Account's statement closing date, it will appear in your next statement. In any case, you are responsible for paying the full amount due on your Card Account by the due date.
Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo.