To split a Card purchase in the Amex App, follow these steps:
1, Tap on any pending or posted charge that appears within your current or most recent billing cycle, and tap Split It.
2. Select up to 20 contacts who you want to split the amount with (you can choose contacts from your device or enter them manually).
3. We’ll divide the total purchase amount evenly between you and the contacts you select. You can then adjust the total split amount or customize any of the individual request amounts.
4. Choose to get paid back directly to your Card Account as a statement credit or to your linked Venmo or PayPal account.
5. The contacts you chose to split with will get a request notification via Venmo or PayPal just as they would today for other Venmo or PayPal requests.
6. If you chose to get paid back to your Card, we will notify you when a request is accepted and instantly apply a statement credit to your Card Account that will post within 24-36 hours. If you chose to get paid back to your linked Venmo or PayPal account, they will notify you when you are paid back.
You are still responsible for the full purchase amount charged to your Card and will keep any rewards that you earn for the purchase that you split.
You can track your split purchases, outstanding requests, and any money you received within the Split tab of Send & Split:Venmo/PayPal in the Amex App.