IMPORTANT: We are sorry to inform you that due to planned maintenance activity, there will be intermittent service disruption from 19 May 2020 23:30 to 20 May 2020 00:30 SGT. During this time, Membership Rewards points will be unavailable to redeem. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
SafeKey now offers the opportunity for eligible Card Members to redeem their Membership Rewards points during the checkout process at selected merchants. This redemption will be reflected as a statement credit on your Card Statement of Account.
1,000 Membership Rewards points = S$5.00 off your Card bill
How to redeem
1. Complete the check-out process with your American Express Card
2. When the SafeKey screen appears, select the option to ‘Use Points’
3. Confirm the amount and click ‘Use Points’
Terms and Conditions
1. Eligible Card Members. You are eligible for this Programme if:
Your Card is an Eligible Card and duly enrolled in the Membership Rewards® Programme. “Eligible Card” refers to an American Express Card issued in Singapore by American Express International Inc (Singapore branch), excluding American Express Gold Credit Card on cashback option, American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Cards and American Express Cards issued by Citibank, Development Bank Singapore, EZ-Link and United Overseas Bank;
You are a Basic Card Member; and
Your Card is in good standing (not overdue or in collection).
Your redemption through this Programme will be reflected as a statement credit in your Card Statement of Account. The full transaction charge for the relevant merchant will also be reflected in your Card Statement of Account, subject to clause 4 below.
2. Eligible Spend & Participating Merchants. If this Programme is available at a merchant, the option for you to redeem your MR points under this Programme will be automatically offered to you during the checkout process. Only online purchases at Participating Merchants with an Eligible Card, are considered “Eligible Spend” for the purposes of this Programme. ”Participating Merchants” means Singapore online merchants enrolled with American Express’ SafeKey programme and who have agreed to participate in this Programme. Participating Merchants may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
3. Redeeming points. You can choose how much in terms of Singapore dollar value you wish to redeem under this Programme, up to the total amount of the merchant charge, as long as you have enough points in your Membership Rewards Account. The redemption rate and/or corresponding number of MR Points required for your redemption will be reflected during the checkout process online, and by continuing with the transaction, you accept this redemption rate. The MR Points will be deducted from your Membership Rewards Account on or after the completion of your redemption under the Programme, and reflected in your Card Account and/or Statement of Account in the manner set out below.
4. Statement credit and merchant charge. Successful redemptions made through this Programme will be reflected in your relevant Card Account and/or Statement of Account in the form of a statement credit and will be identified as "SafeKey ". The corresponding/ matching full transaction charge for the relevant merchant will also be reflected in your Card Account and/or Statement of Account in approximately 3 to 5 business days (although this may take longer in limited circumstances, at the sole and absolute discretion of American Express). For avoidance of doubt, the merchant charge and statement credit may not appear at the same time or in the same Statement of Account.
5. Redemptions cannot be reversed or unwound. Redemptions of MR Points under this Programme cannot be reversed or unwound, except by American Express. Any redemption under this Programme cannot be exchanged for other rewards, and are not refundable or exchangeable for cash under any circumstances.
6. Your Card Member agreement. A credit to your Card Account and/or Statement of Account for the purposes of this Programme does not constitute a payment to your Card Account and does not satisfy your obligation to pay the minimum payment due. You must still pay at least the payment due or minimum due amount shown on your Statement of Account in accordance with your Card Member agreement, irrespective of any redemption under this Programme. You must not withhold any payment due on your Card Account based upon your expectation of receiving a future credit to your Card Account. For avoidance of doubt, interest and other charges as set out in the terms and conditions governing your Card Account, will continue to apply notwithstanding your participation in this Programme.
7. Changes. If your Card Account is not in good standing (e.g. overdue or in collection) or if you fail to adhere to the terms and conditions governing your Card Account, the Membership Rewards programme or this Use Points with SafeKey Programme, we may suspend or revoke your eligibility to participate in this Programme. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate this Programme at any time. We also have the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. No forbearance, delay or failure on our part to exercise any rights under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver of such right. In case of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other information provided in relation to this Programme, these terms and conditions shall supersede to the extent of the inconsistency only.
The Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply.