What are the SMS (Text) Terms and Conditions?
The Re-authentication Key and One-Time Password SMS (Text) Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- Re-authentication Key and One-Time Password SMS (Text) is sponsored by American Express Savings.
- Message and Data Rates May Apply, and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance. There is no other cost for receiving the Re-authentication Key or One-Time Password SMS (Text) message.
- Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Dobson, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Metro PCS, Cricket, and Virgin Mobile are participating wireless carriers for the Re-authentication Key and One-Time Password SMS (Text) features.
- Your request to receive your Re-authentication Key or One-Time Password by SMS (Text) will not cause you to receive promotional messages from American Express unless separately offered by us and requested and agreed to by you. By requesting that we send the Re-authentication Key or One-Time Password to you by SMS (Text), you are only agreeing to be sent your Re-authentication Key or One-Time Password SMS (Text) once.
- To request more information or seek help, text “HELP” to 32858, or call American Express Savings anytime at 1-800-446-6307.
- To cancel, text “STOP” to 32858. You may receive a confirmation message after you have texted STOP.
- The American Express Online Privacy Statement is available at www.americanexpress.com/privacy.
*The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as advertised is accurate as of . Interest rate and APY are subject to change at any time without notice before and after a High Yield Savings Account is opened.
For a CD account, rates are subject to change at any time without notice before the account is opened. Your rate will be fixed on the business day‡ we receive your completed application, provided we receive your deposit within 30 days after your application is approved. After a CD is opened, additional deposits to the account are not permitted. Early CD withdrawals may be subject to significant penalties which could cause you to lose some of your principal. Please see the Deposit Account Agreement for additional terms and conditions and Truth-in-Savings disclosures.
**The national rate referenced is from the FDIC's published Monthly Rate Cap Information for Savings deposit products. Visit the FDIC website for details.
‡For purposes of transferring funds, business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Transfers can be initiated 24/7 via the website or phone, but any transfers initiated after 7:00 PM Eastern Time or on non-business days will begin to be processed on the next business day.
♢Calculations are estimates of expected interest earned. Actual results may vary, based on various factors such as leap years, timing of deposits, rounding, and variation in interest rates. The first recurring deposit is assumed to begin in the second period after any initial deposit.
§IRA Contributions are subject to aggregate annual limits across all IRA plans held at American Express or other institutions. IRA distributions may be taxed and subject to penalties based on IRS guidelines. Required minimum distribution, if applicable, is only relevant to this IRA plan and does not take into consideration other IRA plans held at American Express or other institutions. Please see IRS.gov for more information. We recommend you consult with a financial or tax advisor when making contributions to and distributions from an IRA plan account.